Thursday, June 12, 2008

Damning Quotes from Obama
By Ted Belman
http://bsimmons.wordpress.com/2008/04/07/damning-quotes-from-obama/

Someone asked me if I confirmed the Obama’s quote in The Audacity of Hope,
“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”
So I began to look for confirmation. I did some googling and came up with the following that predated my disclosure and painted an even worse picture if that’s possible. This post predates mine.

Do not accept these quotes until they can be confirmed.

Why I wont vote for Obama and I am from Illinois
Feb 17, 2008
In Obama’s book, DREAMS OF MY FATHER..and THE AUDACITY Of HOPE

In Obama’s book THE AUDACITY Of HOPE
* He wrote “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

In Obama’s book, DREAMS OF MY FATHER..
* “I FOUND A SOLACE IN NURSING A PERVASIVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITY AGAINST MY MOTHER’S RACE”

* “I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites”

* “That hate hadn’t gone away,” he wrote, blaming “white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives.”However, while campaigning in Kansas, Obama frequently emphasized that his mother was white, and that he had grown up in a predominantly white world.

* (Obama) vowed that he would “never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn’t speak to my own. It was into my father’s image, the black man, son of Africa, that I’d packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.”

* “I was trying to raise myself to be a black man in America, and beyond the given of my appearance, no one around me seemed to know exactly what that meant.” Honolulu’s paucity of African-Americans meant he had to learn to be black from the media: “TV, movies, the radio; those were places to start. Pop culture was color-coded, after all, an arcade of images from which you could cop a walk, a talk, a step, a style.”

* About student life and race at Occidental College Obama wrote “There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs,” he wrote. “It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.” He added: “To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists.”

* While in college, Obama wrote(he) disapproved of what he called other “half-breeds” who gravitated toward whites instead of blacks.

Again, from Colonel Ray
“And after college, he once fell in love with a white woman, only to push her away when he concluded he would have to assimilate into her world, not the other way around. He later married a black woman.”

* After making his first visit to Kenya, Obama wrote of being disappointed to learn that his paternal grandfather had been a servant to rich whites. The revelation caused “ugly words to flash across my mind. Uncle Tom. Collaborator. House *igger.Some tough words for someone who wants to embrace us all.


It seems to indicate that Obama’s choice of Church and it liberation theology reflect these views or vice versa.

Posted by Ted Belman @ 12:57 pm
at
Damning Quotes from Obama
April 7, 2008 — budsimmons
http://bsimmons.wordpress.com/2008/04/07/damning-quotes-from-obama/

No comments: